Best view in Firefox

Spreadfirefox Affiliate Button

02 October 2008

WiiMote WhiteBoard

: Download Source
: Additional Source

My first test





You can see that my first test didn't go as smooth as I expected and I slowly fixed the problems.


From this experiment, I learned how to go to preferences and see what I can do in there.



There are several sources talking about how to build an IR pen to work with this software, but these are two sources that I would recommend.

• http://clinik.net/wiimote/wiimote_info_my_pen_2.php
• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScAE37_f8GU

Most people said that you can build an IR pen for under $10. They are probably right if you are familiar with all the materials. Unfortunately, I spent more than $20 to actually get my pen to work.

These are the materials that I used and I got most of them from RadioShack.



switch $2.99




N battery holder $0.99



N batteries $3.99



founded marker $0



pliers (borrowed it from one of my friends) $0



soldering Iron $17.22 (included tax) from Home Depot. It comes with two different tips and solder.



5 MM IR LED 940 NM $1.99 (This one doesn't work very well, though)
There're so many types of IR and I have no clue which one I should recommend.

However, I went back to RadioShack and bought the other stuffs to build another pen.
I got AA battery holder ($0.99) instead of N battery holder.
I realized that the wire which came with battery holder was so fragile, so I also bought 45' electric wire ($6.99).

I got this IR instead and it works better that the one earlier.



IR LED/detector $3.49




I saw an ad from google. There is a link to a website. They sell a specified IR pen that uses with WiiMote Whiteboard for only $7. You might want to check it out!

Post a Comment